Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Monday, February 6, 2017

"Something I Love" challenge

Hi everyone!

Over at the Swirlydoos monthly round robin challenge, the theme is "Something I love".  This beautiful photo of my daughter was perfect for it.  I was able to surround it with all sorts of pretty pinks, which was one of the challenges given to us.


My daughter has been a blessing to me and I wish her all the joy in the world!


Kim wanted us to use techniques we love.... so I incorporated watercolouring (which I'm just learning to do), stamping and making flowers.


This beautiful rose is from a CTMH stamp set called "Hello Lovely" that I am absolutely smitten with.  I think it is SO pretty.  I used watercolours to paint it.


Above, I took the darker shades of watercolours from my rose, and added touches here & there to the flower border to tie it visually to my rose.


This cluster above, was created by first stenciling a flower pattern in white crackle texture paste, letting it dry and shading it with plum Archival Ink.  Over top of that I add a coating of Frosted Lace stickles.

The flowers were made with various Spellbinders dies and each was also coated with Frosted Lace stickles.  The hearts are a set of dies from CTMH called Thin Cuts - Hearts.

Off to the side, I stamped a border with plum Archival Ink.


One of the fun elements of the challenge is to dig into your old stuff that you've been hoarding... and use it!  So I pulled out the die frame "Lovin' Diamonds" from Spellbinders that I've had forever, and some of my treasured crystal flourishes which nobody seems to use anymore.  I love them!  The die cut "smile" is also from an old pack of embellishments that came from CTMH.

Thanks again for stopping by.  Everyone always leaves such nice comments and I truly appreciate them!  

Hope your day is happy and filled with love!

Linda





No comments:

Post a Comment